Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Saturday, September 4, 2010

You Never Knew...

Sometimes we forget where we are and why we are there.  I wonder if people ever stop to look around themselves and see where they are?
I heard my mother's voice in my head saying "don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in is moccasins".  All of us have trials we are attempting to recover from.   You would never know unless you know or knew them personally.
We have lost all sense of community and we don't even address each other any more.  Where are the kind words?  Where are the extended hands to help each other?  I wondered if they even existed anymore.  
There are a few.  They extend a hand, give more than the bare minimum.  They are not my church, they are part of my family and not always blood related.  These members of my "family" are young and old.  They are not rich by monetary standards, but they have wisdom and strength of character.  They have offered to help, not just me, but others who had a need.  Not because they have to, but because they want to be part of the family and not part of the problem or uncaring society.  They picked their causes and they are near to their hearts.
You never knew this.  You wouldn't know unless you knew them personally.  They might be in line at the supermarket and you wouldn't give them a passing glance.
Please celebrate the people in your life who have helped you.

No comments: