Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, September 12, 2010

On This Week's Agenda

This week (like the ones that will follow) will be crazy.  Bunny starts school tomorrow.  It's going to be really fun for her.  The parents are invited to coffee in the rectory following the start of the school day.  This time I may be just one of the moms.  Not like being the only person there without a spouse.  I promised I would take lots of pictures and post them to Picasa for Mr. Y and for Abuelita.
I was thinking yesterday that I could take the digital card and print all of the pictures for the last three months and out them into an album.  Then just keep doing it until he comes back.  He should three or four albums of all of the things he missed while he was away.
I need to order my books for school and go pick them up.  This term's classes are going to be hard, but not impossible.  I look forward to the distraction.
Tuesday the construction continues in the back yard.  We are pouring concrete for the foundation and footings and garage.  We passed our inspection with flying colors.  The only thing we were told was that we need to add a ground strap because we are adding electricity.  Once we get the garage built and the shed contents transferred then I can transfer my glass to the shed and start working there.  I really want to add a kiln so I can do some special work there.  I know what I like and I think I can really do some good.  I also want to do my mother's living room windows in leaded glass.  I just need to get a little practice in before I start.
Today there is a picnic for the All Saints Parish.  There is mass following the picnic.  There are more "community-oriented" activities here than any place I have ever belonged to.  On the 24th, Tasha and I will going to a wine tasting.  The proceeds benefit the school.  Who ever heard of this?  It looks like fun though.  Neither Tasha or myself like wine, but since she has finished her master's degree in teaching, I thought it would be good exposure to get her out there in a private school and make some contacts.  I would love to see her teaching at All Saints.  She is very patient and sweet.  The kids would love her!  I know how much Bunny loves her.  Cool.
Well, I better get to it.  I have been sitting here drinking coffee for the last couple of hours while I watch SpongeBob.  Gotta love how mindless it is!
Take care!

No comments: