Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Many Things Right Now

Once again I'm up before the rooster is crowing.  I've been up since 0330 this time and I took my Lunesta last night. *sigh*
Well, I used to say another day, another dollar.  Time is really getting away from me right now.  I wonder how I'm going to find my groove again when the school year starts in less than 2 weeks.
Today Sarah is getting her kindergarten evaluation.  I was told my by son's girlfriend, who just graduated with her master's degree in teaching,  that this is where the kids are tested to see what they know for "sight words", how far they can count, do they recognize the ABC's and so on.  Sarah doesn't read, but she does know a lot of words on sight.  She just hasn't figured out how to string them together to read a book.  They also have to wear their uniform today.  I have Sarah's uniform all ready.  This means that I have to take it with me when I drop her off at Kathy's Daycare.
This place (Kathy's Daycare) has been wonderful.  I can't sing the praises enough about her daycare.  Sarah has grown and learned so many things.  She comes home with projects everyday.  They studied Picaso a couple of weeks ago and she told her Abuelita that the painting she had in her bathroom was a Picaso.  Of course, when Abuelita looked at me with that look, I knew what she was thinking.  Then it was verbalized: "She knows too much."  You can never know too much unless you have mob connections.  Well, OK - I don't have those and really wouldn't want to.  ANYWAY...
I spoke with Mr. Y yesterday and gave him the run-down on what was happening here at home.  I forgot to tell him his BDU's uniform arrived.  Since he is flying in a couple of days and I'm not sure where to send it (as I don't have his APO or FPO or whatever it is they are using for where he is) I will wait.  Last time he was in country it was an APO.  One of our Marine boys gets his packages through an FPO.  I can't keep up.  "You can't tell a player without a program".  I'm just saying.
As far as the construction progress goes, we have an "erosion inspection" today.  This a new one for me.  It's not like we are digging into a hillside or anywhere there is a strong grade.  It is just part of the process.  Once that is done, we will need a "forms/foundation" inspection prior to pouring the concrete.  Good news is that the concrete for the forms will be about $775.00.  I called Knife River concrete products and they just need 3 days advance notice.  It will take every guy I know to come over and help with this one piece.  All the concrete guys are going to do is pour and we will take care of the rest.  I can't wait until this piece is complete so we can start framing up the walls.  You would think we were building a house instead of a garage.  Mr. Y will love playing in this when it's done.  I know the "Jimmy" will be in there every weekend.

No comments: