Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday the 19th

68 years ago today my father was born to Walter (Buzzy) Powell and Irene Loeffelbein.
My Dad continues to be a very strong presence in our family.  He is the builder of the family, the sanity maker, and the strength in our unit.  He may not be a particularly religious man, but he has faith in all of his family.  Faith that we will make good choices, faith that we will live up to the moral standards instilled in my brother and I, and faith that we will pass those moral values/standards onto our children.
Every day I hope that I can be the kind of person my father is.  Everyday I look at him and smile to myself because his generosity is overwhelming.  He never asks for anything in return.
I hope my children see the kind of person he is and can also strive to be as generous in life and beyond.

No comments: