Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Power Of Sleep

Sleep.  It's one o those things you really don't think about unless you are deprived of it.  I need sleep.  Pure and simple.  I need to close my eyes at bed time and drift off into the land of lullabies.  The one thing I have always been able to do is sleep.  I lay my head down on the pillow and my eyes close.  Something happened in the last couple of years.  Now I can't sleep at all without sleep enhancing medications.  You know - the little blue pill with the butterfly.  I tried melatonin thinking there was something I could do without having to see a doc about it. It didn't work! 
The long and the short of it is that I would be up all night without sleep meds.  I have to laugh.  I was up last night at around 1am wondering if I would ever fall asleep.  That was the last time I remember looking at the clock.  It's 11 am and I am bleary-eyed while I'm on the computer.  I have been up for hours and wonder if I'm crazy and does everyone go through this?
One day sleep will come.  Maybe when the house is quieter or Sarah is older.  Maybe when my life isn't under constant construction.

No comments: