Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Today Was About Me!

Most of you know my children come first.  Those of you with children know there needs to be a balance between taking care of your children and taking care of yourself.  I tend to lean toward taking better care of the kids than myself.  Not because I feel they are more important, but because I feel their needs tend to be more urgent.  Today I was able to take a little time for myself and go on the Chocolate Decadence Tour.  I learned the difference between a chocolate maker and a chocolate melter.  Amazing how ignorant I could be about something I love so much!
Today was bittersweet. (No pun intended).  I went to church with Sarah and when I returned home we had missed the call from Mr. Y.  Billy was at home on my laptop and the Skype application was open and Mr. Y thought I was on line.  He called and I missed it.  This was bittersweet because I knew that he had gone outside the base to the airport in Kabul and I know the dangers present off the base.  I know the acronyms. They are IED and RPG.  They = danger.  Now I know he made that journey safely.
I spent time with Pegi and David tonight.  They were holding a company dinner for their employees and I was invited.  I'm not an employee, but we consider each other family.  It was their generosity which allowed me to take the Chocolate Decadence Tour.  I cannot tell you how important it was for me to spend a little time reconnecting with them.  It renewed me for the coming week.  I felt so much better.  They are like the siblings I never had to fight with.  It always feels like we picked up where we left off.  Nice to have that kind of relationship. Yes, today was about me.
Thanks for listening and have a great day.

No comments: