Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Surgery Today

There are so many details I need to share before I go under the knife.
I was trying to give some  of the these to Dad.  One was Bunny's ballet class today  She needs to be dressed for class.  Who was going to do it?  She needed to be undressed to her underwear and I certainly didn't want a non-family member to be the one.  Not that I distrust anyone that I or my children associate with, but I didn't want to place them in an uncomfortable situation.
The look on my Dad's face, when I told him he needed to put Sarah's hair up for ballet, was the look you get when you just asked a construction worker to perform brain surgery. He looked like he was going to freak out. It was priceless.  Sorry Dad. We love you.
I had to look at it from an outsider's point of view: How would you know how all of these things work if you didn't have someone provide the intricate details.  What does Bunny eat for lunch. What is her homework project. What kind of dance shoes does Bunny need and where are they? Are there hair-ties in her dance bag?
The truth is that I'm up and it's 0415 and I'm worrying about these details.  Thank you insomnia.  I've tried like hell to remember everything I can but I'm sure I will miss something.  Let's just hope it's not a life-threatening detail.  I'll try to post pictures later of this reconstruction. Not going to be pretty but maybe I can augment the scar with a tattoo to cover or accent it.
AND yes I will be able to attend the annual testosterone fest in the mountains in October where I can watch the cavemen beat their chests and grunt. Without this surgery I wouldn't be able to walk the trails with my Dad and Mr. Y.  Love you guys!
It will be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers were and are with you my friend. I will see you tomorrow. Love and hugs and kisses Kat.
Pegi