Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Homework, Inspections, and Viruses?

What a day - It (like all of the other interesting weird days) started the night before.  Sarah told me she had homework and when I pulled it out of the "homework folder" it seemed like a lot.  We sat down at the table and started in on the math problems.  There were more than I expected.  After about an hour (maybe a little more) we finished the math.  I took the time to count how many problems she completed, and it scared me. Sarah completed 75 math problems.  How many kindergarteners get that much homework?  It was nuts!

The electrical part, we ordered (and have been waiting a month for) arrived on 2-14-11.  My brother and dad installed it yesterday and dad called for the final framing and electrical inspection (which we scheduled for today).  If you had a professional electrician perform the install, then you would be assured all the bases would be covered.  Since we opted to do this ourselves, we had to know what the rules are for electrical code.  We (I don't mean me though) had to read the books, talk to the inspectors, ask the professionals, and attempt to find out all we needed to know to install it right the first time.  My brother is a genius.  He's done this sort of thing before and we know others who have recently gone through electrical renovations as well, it's what helped us get it completed.  When the inspector checked the garage the last time; he said we needed to replace one of the breakers with a master shut off.  We had to order and install the part before the inspections could be finalized.  Now that this portion is inspected, completed, and signed off on, we can install the door and the siding.  It's getting closer every minute!

Now for the weird part.  Maybe you won't think this is weird but I did.
I was in the process of writing my blog and I decided I needed another picture to replace the valentine one from yesterday.  I went onto the google-image site to find something I liked and all of a sudden the computer display went to a virus screen.  Had I been using a windows-based computer it would have crashed with 12 different viruses and a trojan.  My Mac just sent me a warning, so I called my support folks and they told me the viruses were designed for a PC, not a Mac.  The files were all .exe files and Mac doesn't recognize these.  So grateful for that one.
Just remember - not all the things you find on a search engine are good for your computer.

No comments: