Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011



Hello All!
It's about 0730 here and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers yesterday.  I felt even more impressed that I received them a day early.  It was nice.  What made this even more special was that he sent them from 10000 miles away.  In the middle of the war, while trying to complete his master's program, he thought of me and what this day means to him.  Talk about complicated.  Wow.
Dad and I helped Sarah with her Valentine's cards and to make sure she made some extras for her "church and lunch buddies".  We were told no candy.  Sarah told us the teacher didn't want the kids bringing candy.  I thought Valentine's was all about, CANDY (if you're five)!!!  I figured the kids might get a little out of hand with so much sugar.  I also think V.  day is second in line from Halloween and third in line from Easter (as far as the candy consumption goes). Doesn't every kid load up on candy?  Not just a lover's holiday! Oh well - She will get more than her share, no doubt!
On another note - we ordered the garage door and expect it will be installed in the next couple of weeks.  I will take pictures of that and make sure they are posted on Picasa.  Once the piece for the electrical is done and the door is installed the only thing that needs to be done is the siding needs to be added.  You can't imagine how much work went into this.  It is amazing.  I want to finish the driveway but this will have to wait until there is more money.  Concrete is very expensive and not something you want to try to piece together when you have no experience.  We're not talking about a sidewalk-sized repair, we are talking about literally yards of concrete and we need to dig down four inches and level the surface from the existing driveway to the entrance of the garage.  We'll need to rent a front loader (like we did before) and lay down gravel. It's hard work!  I should ask Z (Mimi's best friend) if he needs something to do while he's home on leave.  This is the guy to call. What took us days to complete he could have done in a couple hours.  The military uses him on a larger scale.
Anyway... I hope all of you have a wonderful day.  Make sure you tell your sweetheart that you love them!

No comments: