Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Monday, February 28, 2011

Feeling Tense

I'm not sure I will post this one.  This is just cathartic for me to write.

A couple of days ago (Friday the 25th) the garage door was installed.  I posted the link to the pictures on this site.  On Saturday Dad played musical cars and we took pictures of the cars in the garage to see not only how they looked, but how they fit in the garage together.  I knew this was something Mr. Y wanted to see.  He wanted to know how much room is in the garage for his projects and the cars together.  This itself isn't making me tense.  I'm tense because I sent him the pictures and he hasn't responded with any sort of communication.  There was a suicide bomber that went off 750 meters from where he was a few days ago. He sent us a message that he was fine and not to worry.  That was a few days ago.  I haven't heard from him in three days.
Mr. Y is an officer and has a desk job at ISAF.  He should be safe (for the most part), but he does have to go outside the green-zone to verify with contractors that they are compliant with their contracts.  This can be dangerous. I'd figured if he was at the base he would have seen the link and emailed something about how he doesn't have time to look but thanks for sending them or they look great we'll talk more later or something. Anything.  Nothing is the worst.
I can't even pace because I'm trapped by this stupid ankle and cast.  I know - breathe.

With the clock ticking, I'm getting more anxious by the minute.  Nothing can happen now.  It's too close. (not to say that anyone should have anything happen, ever).  But, the possibilities are frightening.  This is the way it felt when he was first deployed.  Where the routine was anything but normal and I had to try to figure out how to cope with the anxiety I was feeling.  Right now it's oppressing.  Down-right scary.  So much so that I couldn't sleep last night.  I was so freaked out by everything that I just kept making myself more stressed.  It feels like a viscous circle or ball, winding itself up tighter and tighter.   

Right now the clock's set for him to leave Afghanistan in 6 days.  I'll be able to breathe when he's home with us again.

No comments: