Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ballet and Such

Well - as you may have heard I signed Bunny up for ballet/tap lessons at Hollywood Dance at Mr. Y's request.  This is a conversation we have had many times over the last year.  He remembers his sister in her tutu and wanted Bunny to have the same exposure.  I agreed.  Why not right?
Well - she changed clothes in the community girls dressing room and got into her leotard.  I had all the appropriate attire in our special pink adidas bag.  I struggled with her hair.  It's so fine and "slippery" for putting into a bun.  I just left it in the pony and pins.  Thank goodness I wasn't the only mom with her girl in a pony only.
When it came time for the class I was just amazed by the grace of the instructor and Bunny's apparent lack of coordination.  The teacher would tell the students to move in a certain way and Bunny would go the other direction.  I really know she get's it from me.  I know she will be fine after a few lessons, but I know how painfully awkward she is because I'm that way every day.  My poor husband.  H really had no idea when he married me.  Not only am I a nerd, but I'm a clumsy nerd with her head in a book and two left feet!
I was really sick over the last couple of weeks.  I spent a couple of days on the couch and one where I literally couldn't get out of bed.  I didn't realize I could get that sick.  Kinda caused me to reevaluate my priorities.  I didn't clean my house or do anything.  I didn't even cook.  I wondered, if something actually happened to me, how would Bunny be taken care of?  I learned this morning that she can pour her own milk and reach the TV while standing on her tippy-toes.  I have nearly been rendered useless.  I also was too sick to pick out something at the store for her and when she asked me about it I told her I wanted her with me when I did it.  You know what she told me? She said "You know Mom, someday you will have to learn to do these things by yourself."  I just about died!  She has incredible insight for a kid of 5.
Thanks for letting me share this with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so adorable and cute thinking of Sara doing Bellet. I remember when i did it, my funny event, which was unfortunately recorded on video for all eternity.... is when the group I was in were supposed to be flowers that have not bloomed yet. This looks like a cat pose in yoga just about... BUT me, is just that, my but!! It was stuck all right up in the air, the only one flower of the group had prematurely "bloomed." lol I shall share the video if you like if you ever want a good laugh.. aside from the plenty of good humor a loving family provides ;) Tootles, can't wait it hear more!!!

Love,
Diana