Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today is Halloween

Today is Halloween and Sarah's costume is on.  She is ready to face the darkness with her siblings so she can rake in the hordes of candy and be frightened by the other goblin's of the world.
The kids took her to Abuelita's home for treats and then it will be time for the obligatory dose of protein before darkness falls.  Tons of trick-or-treating ahead.  If the weather holds out, there will be no rain to dampen the spirits of the night.  Wish Mr. Y was here to enjoy this night with us.
I must say - I miss him.  More lately than most.  I'm not really sure what the change is/was, but I definitely miss his company.  He called last night (it was the 30th for us and the 31st for him) so we wished him a Happy Halloween.  Sarah was able to talk to him on Skype for a few minutes before she had to go to bed.
It's always good for me to talk to him.  I am recharged for the draining week ahead of me.
Right now the house is quiet.  The dog is asleep in the chair and the cats are hiding in the bedroom because the vacuum scares them.  The house is relatively clean and I have a chance to reflect on my day.  It was a good day.  Tonight the goblins will be out and I am armed with a full bowl of candy.
Have a Spooky Halloween!  You are loved more than you know ~ All of you!

No comments: