Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Change in My Comfort Level

Sarah spent the night at Abuelita's house last night.  I was apprehensive about her staying because I wasn't sure she was ready for that.  It was the first for both Abuelita and me.  Sarah has spent the weekend with Billy and Meagan before, so being away from me wasn't really a big deal to her.  Glad she was so comfortable.

Well, when I thought I was able to be comfortable with Mr. Y. being in the green zone, he goes and tells me he does his share of traveling outside the green zone to perform inspections.  I really don't know what that means, but it means he is in an armored vehicle and outside the safe area.  I can guarantee it changed my level of comfort.
I spoke with him on Skype once at home and once at Abuelita's house.  Both Lisa and Abuelita were part of the conversation and it was nice for them to both see and talk to him.  The connections speed was very slow, and toward the end the call was dropped twice.  I told Abuelita that the best time to be looking on Skype was either in the morning or the evening because of the time difference.

It helped me to talk to him.  We've always had effortless conversations.  We're like best friends.  It's very easy to joke and laugh with him.  I hope he feels like I do about it.  I miss the conversation and the ribbing we give each other.

It might be another week before we talk again, but I am a little more recharged than I was this last week.  I will just have to miss him until we talk again.

Have a great week!

No comments: