Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Just Another Day

I would like to think yesterday was just another day.  It was my birthday, but that wasn't the difficult part for me, the difficult part for me was that he wasn't there.  I know I'm a big girl, but I just needed to whine a little bit. 
I wanted to share the picture of the beautiful flowers he sent me.  Aren't they quirky?  Cool too though! He called me for a "morale call" just as the flowers were arriving.  It was bedtime for him, but he wanted to make sure he was able to talk to me on my birthday.  That phone call meant more to me than anything.
I'm adding my birthday to the list of days to celebrate when he returns.  He will have more than a week of days to celebrate.  There will be Sarah's birthday, mine, his sister's, the twins', Mimi's, his mother's, my father's and his own.  That doesn't include Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, our 12th anniversary, or Valentine's day.   I'm not sure what we'll do because it would mean 8 different birthday cakes, an anniversary cake and a box of chocolates.  Way more than any family needs.
I'm planning a HUGE welcome home party for him.  I don't have an exact return date.  He told me the end of March.  That sounds like a wonderful time for a party. 
You will join me for this won't you?
Thanks for being there for me.  I appreciate all of you very much!

No comments: