Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Monday, August 16, 2010

Ordinary Day

There is a reason for this. It is to document where I will be and what I will be doing for the next 10 months.  Pretty much the entire time Mr. Y is in Afghanistan.

Sometimes it seems as though I have been walking through a haze. Have you ever had the dream you were trying to run but your legs were moving as though they were in mud to the thighs? You are trying really hard, but can't move more than a couple of inches, and it took so much effort.

Today I found myself saying I wanted a job. I have learned so much and really feel the need to put it to good use. The problem is that I'm not done learning yet. I still have more to learn and need to do it before I hang up the towel at school.
There is also the part of me that wants a job so I don't have to do homework while my five-year old watches TV (I refuse to leave her outside by herself and am terrified that she will fall into a hole in the backyard.)
Some of my friends (more my acquaintances than anything) have asked why don't your kids watch them? My kids work and they don't have very much free time to themselves, much less for babysitting the Bunny. My Dad spends enough time helping me out and doesn't need the additional time. He's currently the one building the garage. In case you missed it on the main page, my entire back yard is under construction. UGH!

Since this is an ordinary day, there really isn't anything new to say. I did spend 4.5 hours on the chat line with the BA131 instructor trying to learn how to correctly write a mathematical expression in Access and have the query come up correct. There are so many places to make errors that its really easy to make a mistake and not know why your query was not successful. I was able to get what I needed, but I was in tears before it was over and I'm not sure why I was so overwhelmed by it. Does anyone know it? no. I don't usually come right out and say anything like that, but I really felt like I was at my wits end.
Now I'm going to submit the homework I spent so much time on and put the Bunny to bed. I have an interesting story for you for another day. Maybe it will be my post for tomorrow.

For now - Sweet Dreams!

No comments: