Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Results of the Five-hour Forty-minute Exam.

With Christmas Day over I actually had a few minutes to breathe.  In my quest to breathe a more stressless breath I thought about the exam I took on the 18th of December.  I wondered if I had passed because I hadn't heard, but then again it had only been 8 days since I took the test.  I logged into the AAPC site.  Meagan was sitting a few feet away from me and Sarah was in the living room.  I thought I would pop right out of my skin when I saw the title "CPC-A" next to my name.  I remember the test proctor telling us before the test that we would know when we logged into the site it would say "CPC-A" after our name. The "A" stands for apprentice.  I screamed!  You as a group will never know how happy I was that I passed.  The test was so hard and there were so many different reasons I could have failed:

  • The room was icy cold 
  • I had not studied very much 
  • I was taking care of Sarah by myself 
  • My husband was in Afghanistan
  • The house is under construction
  • I had injured my ankle and was possibly facing surgery
There were so many excuses I was ready to give if I failed.  I didn't need an excuse. I passed.  I need to finish my apprenticeship and get a job. This is the field I wanted more than anything.  Now to finish so I can become gainfully employed and the rest of my life will fall into place.
Thank you so much for being with me during this!
Much Love,
Kathi

No comments: