Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day.  This is the day we honor those who gave their life in service of their country.
Mr. Y, and thousands more, are scattered miles away and the best we can do is to wish them well.  Thank you seems like such a small thing to say.  I wish I could hug every vet I know because they have given more than the bare minimum.  Ours is an all-volunteer service, so every one knows they can be called to war at any time.
I'm so proud of everything they have done for us.  When the jets flew overhead today I was filled with the sense of pride for our nation.

I bet you can't find a single person that hasn't been touched by something done by a veteran.  Family, friends, and coworkers are vets.  They give more of themselves and have a unity that appears unfamiliar to most.  The majority of the construction in my backyard is being completed by vets.  These vets have no reason (other than they want to help) and are giving more than I ever thought possible.
Be proud.  I know I am.

No comments: