Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Good Outweighs the Bad

I am reminded this time of year for all I'm thankful for.  I have an incredibly generous family, close friends and shelter.  I can't imagine being homeless today or any other day.
I could complain, but where would that get me?  A pity party?  No.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and there will be a house full of people. Cousins, aunt, uncle, grandparents, and close friends gathered together in our home sharing food and stories.  The chaos is worth the fellowship.
I do remember that yesterday was my grandmother's birthday.  She would be proud to be at our table sharing stories of my father's childhood.  She was the one that gathered us together at her home for all the special occasions.  I miss her.
Mr. Y is always anxious when there is a house full of guests, but loves to have everyone over.  He is an excellent host and brags about the food we serve.  We will toast him tomorrow and pray for his safe return to us in the spring.  For now we will weather out the storm of his absence.

No comments: