Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Beginnings

I'm sure from the title you're wondering what that means.  Well, this is the beginning of the holiday season. There are so many tasks to be completed between now and Christmas.  Today there is a birthday dinner for Lisa and then they are out of town until sometime next week.  Then next week is Thanksgiving and black Friday.  There is also a "friends/grandfriends" day at school on Wednesday.
A Test next month.
Our anniversary next month.
Christmas next month
A trip to the beach next month.
So many things..  Today if Chris was here, I know he would be in and out of the backdoor.  I'd grit my teeth because Sarah's napping and I would be studying.  I would have started dinner and he would be sneaking tastes of whatever I'm making and complaining there is nothing to eat for lunch.  This would start the on-going debate we have about how there is a huge difference between not having anything to eat and not wanting to cook what we have.  It really makes me laugh.
There have been other Saturdays when we sat on the couch snuggled up watching a movie while the rain poured outside.  Other times when we found out there were episodes of SpongeBob that we hadn't seen before.  Laughing about them.  Laughing about how we can nearly read each other's thoughts.
I miss these days where it's better to be inside than outside and to be snuggled up with him on the couch.
In march the rains will come and he will come home.  When that happens, we can spend that time together again.
For now, I need to be patient and wait for the next few months to pass.

No comments: