Izzy's Armored Truck

Izzy's Armored Truck

Monday, February 27, 2012

Unsettled

Once again insomnia is my bed partner and I'm up while the sane are sleeping.
Yesterday I woke up with a different sense of purpose and knew I was going to do something a little different for me.  I've been unhappy with my weight for sometime.  I have a gym membership but never go.  Usually when I have the time to go to my gym they aren't open or I have Sarah with me and there isn't someone to watch her. Go figure huh?
I went to Sports Authority at Cascade Station and bought an elliptical trainer.  The price was A$1099.00, but was on sale for $599. It was the middle of the road model that had some nice features without the 3k price tag.
Mimi's boyfriend and I shoved it down the stairs (because there was no way we were lugging it up the stairs) and took it out of the box and brought up the pieces individually.
After 2 hours (and more than a few curse words) we finished assembling it in the computer room.
Izzy didn't say anything to me about the purchase.  I was more than prepared for my argument.  This is MY version of liposuction and I want to be in good shape for the rest of my future. I will never be physically perfect, but I won't be shallow enough to get cosmetic surgery to fix my imperfections or take the place of regular exercise.
This is the beginning of my journey. My weight is 223 and I'm 5'8.5".  My goal is 185.  I think I can be there by November.
On a side note:
I had a tumor removed that was growing on top of my ribcage  It was the size of a pancake and about two inches thick.  It was a fatty tumor and was pressing on my ribs when I breathe and exerted myself.  It was huge (to me at least) and I feel so much better now that she removed it.
I get my stitches out on Wednesday.  I'm sure it's nothing and we will just move on from here.

No comments: